I need a script/service that can... which product or service is best for me?
We offer a number of IP to geographical location related methods, products, and services. Which one that you use may depend on a number of factors including:
- your operating environment - Linux, Microsoft IIS, MySql, PHP, ASP etc
- your performance and reliability requirements - server side is more reliable and offers higher performance
- level of control that you have of what software runs on your server - ability to run service side scripts and software
- preferred implementation architecture - server side or client side
- volume of look ups performed each day
We are very keen to assist you in determining the optimal solution to meet your requirements, but to do this, we will need to know at least some of the above.
In any case...
If you are running on an Microsoft web server, then I would recommend GeoSelect's GeoServer. GeoSelect is very easy to install and use - there is a demo at http://www.geobytes.com/demo.htm Pricing starts from $49 for a developers license (development only), and $500 for a commercial server license which provides for up to 10,000 IP to location resolutions per day. (All licenses are yearly subscriptions.)
Or if you are running on linux/apache/php/mysql or pretty much anything else, and are looking for a database based solution, then this post would be a good place to start.
Or if you are looking for a server side "remote lookup" solution (using PHP, PERL, or ASP) where you don't need to run your own backend database and instead resolve IP Address locations by sending a HTTP request to our server, then this post is a good place to start: viewtopic.php?t=593
Finally if you where looking for a client side solution then I would recommend our GeoDirection service, in which case these links would be a good place to start.
BTW There is more detailed information on which product may best suite your requirements in our FAQ at http://www.geobytes.com/FAQ.htm#Product